The cost of counseling is an investment in your most priceless resources – your long term happiness and peace of mind. Counselling can help you overcome your biggest emotional or relationship challenges and restore your personal well being.
In Person or by Video – wherever you are in Canada or around the world, I am committed to doing what ever I can – as quickly as possible – to make it work for you!
Counselling Fees & Session Length – In Person or Video Counselling*
- $140 – 60 minute session. Individuals only.
- $175 – 75 minute session. Individuals and Couples.
- $210 – 90 minute session. Individuals and Couples.
- Counselling fees cover sessions, brief phone calls or emails, handouts and any long distance phone charges. * 5% Tax applies in Canada
*Fees are in Canadian dollars. Live outside of Canada? Click here for a currency converter to find your exchange rate.
A credit card number is required to reserve a video counselling appointment.
Fees for counselling are payable by VISA or MasterCard for In-person or Video sessions. Vancouver clients may also pay by cash for counselling. Payment is due prior to each session for video counselling. Vancouver clients can pay in advance or at the time of their counselling session.
Insurance, Extended Medical Benefits and Post Secondary Student Benefits – Canada Only
In Canada, some extended health plans and insurance available through your workplace, private insurance plan or university/college student benefits will cover some or all of the cost of the services of a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) or a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC).
I am registered as both a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC #2920) and a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC #8400), thereby increasing your chances of coverage. Check with your employer or insurance provider before booking an appointment to see if you are eligible for these benefits. I provide official receipts that you can submit to your insurer for a refund.
USA – I am based in Canada and do not accept American insurance, or do any third party billing.
Who’s A Good Fit for Glynis Sherwood Counselling?
You are a smart, competent adult who longs to feel happier, at peace and fulfilled both personally and in your relationships, but you feel stuck and unsure how to get there, and…
- You are ready to do what it takes to create a better life: You are committed to improving your psychological well being and comfortable taking responsibility towards achieving that goal. You value team work, and want to work with a counsellor who can help you build your strength from the inside out. You have realistic expectations that positive change will take some time – usually a minimum of 2 to 3 months of weekly sessions – to start feeling better, and are not looking for a ‘quick fix’. You are prepared to attend counselling regularly until you reach your goals. You are keen to take steps outside of counselling to help yourself achieve the results you are seeking.
- You are able and willing to make a financial investment in yourself: You are highly motivated to put yourself first as the top priority in your life, and have the means to fund your investment in yourself. You understand that this investment is to help you achieve the peace of mind and happiness you want for the long term.
- You have insight into yourself and the problems you are experiencing: You are naturally curious about yourself, and want to know more – especially about how to build on your strengths – so you can feel happier and be more in control of your life. You are motivated to be pro-active in taking steps towards solving your problems.
- If you are struggling with addiction, you have stopped – or are ready to stop – addictive behavior when you enter counselling. Therapy is not effective – and therefore neither realistic nor a good investment – during active addiction. If you want to stop addiction, I can help you take those steps. If you have already stopped addictive behaviors, I will support you to overcome emotional difficulties – such as stress, anxiety, grief, loneliness or low self worth – that led to addictive behaviors in the first place.
If you answered “Yes” to these statements, then you’d likely
benefit from counselling WITH ME. So let’s get started.
Contact Glynis to Book a Counselling Appointment