Were You A Target of Bullying At Your Former Job
Do You Feel Distressed & Wonder How To Cope or Move On?
- Are you preoccupied by worry, sadness, anger, loss of confidence, guilt or low self esteem, as a result of having been bullied, mobbed or harassed at your last job?
- Do thoughts or memories of former workplace abuse interfere with your ability to sleep, have positive relationships, or find another job and move on with your life?
- Are you concerned that you may be suffering from anxiety, depression or post traumatic stress?
You Are Not Alone!
If you have left an abusive workplace you may still be feeling anxious, depressed or traumatized. My counseling services are available to people who are no longer being bullied, but would benefit from therapy to heal and move on. Together we can help restore your peace of mind and rebuild your career.
Post-Bullying Counseling can help you in the following ways:
- Overcoming chronic stress and anxiety and rediscovering peace of mind
- Healing from the hurt of abuse and trauma so you feel in control of your life again
- Retrieving your self-esteem and sense of self-worth
- Rising above negative beliefs or expectations
- Putting grief and loss behind you so you can live for today and look forward to tomorrow
- Rebuilding relationships that have been strained by the bullying experience
- Looking forward to your job search or a new career with confidence and hope
Surviving workplace bullying is an intensely stressful and threatening experience for targets of this form of abuse. An ongoing stress reaction occurs in targets in response to ongoing aggressive behavior. Specifically the target starts producing large amounts of the stress hormones. These hormones prepare targets to rally to protect themselves by either confronting, escaping or becoming immobilized in the face of the stressor. This is also known as the ‘fight, flight or freeze’ response. When targets can’t escape the chronic stress of repeated bullying, they cannot discharge this cumulative stress, making it hard to rebound physically or psychologically.
Stress can then become ‘trapped’ in the body and mind of the target, leading to trauma-like symptoms, such as intense fear, anxiety, depression, insomnia, nightmares, intrusive thoughts, difficulty concentrating, irritability, loss of confidence and low self-worth. Some targets of bullying also begin to lose perspective, and come to believe that they somehow invited or deserve this abuse. Many targets of bullying are unaware of the extent of their psychological distress, or wait until their symptoms become severe before seeking help. This can potentially make recovery harder, longer, complicated or incomplete. The good news is that you can take action today to move beyond the harm of workplace bullying.
With the Right Help You Can Get Past the Pain of Workplace Bullying!
Your life – and your future – does not need to be controlled by bullying behavior any longer. You can learn to de-stress, heal and reclaim your peace of mind again.
Are You Still Being Bullied or Mobbed at Work?
Take Your Life Back From Bullying Today! My EBook Shows You How.
“I thought I was going crazy but now understand what was happening… Will be reading it a few times more yet… I would recommend the book for sure. Thanking you so much for the book! Its given me strength again.” ~ Geoff
If you are being bullied or mobbed at work your life is in crisis and you need help now.
To get immediate assistance, I invite you to check out the EBook I co-authored entitled What Every Target of Workplace Bullying Needs to Know.
Written by enlightened and informed authors who have been there, this book contains many valuable strategies and perspectives on how to deal constructively with workplace bullying.